Friday, December 22, 2017

The Aim: Hit the Mark

Romans 15:17-21  
17 Therefore I have reason to glory in Christ Jesus in the things which pertain to God. 18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not accomplished through me, in word and deed, to make the Gentiles obedient— 19 in mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem and round about to Illyricum I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 20 And so I have made it my aim to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build on another man's foundation, 21 but as it is written: “To whom He was not announced, they shall see; And those who have not heard shall understand.”

Paul gives the example to glory in God’s work in Christ which He used in him to reach the nations.  Christ accomplished all the work, not Paul.  So he preached the words of life to those who never heard as the scripture said in Isaiah 52:15 as foretold.  We too are sent by Christ to those who need to hear with this great news of life in Christ, reconciling others to Him.  We make it our aim, the goal of living, to preach the gospel. We also do not boast, knowing it is His work in us and never our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment