Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Continue to Greet

Romans 16:6-11   
6 Greet Mary, who labored much for us. 7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my countrymen and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.  8 Greet Amplias, my beloved in the Lord. 9 Greet Urbanus, our fellow worker in Christ, and Stachys, my beloved. 10 Greet Apelles, approved in Christ. Greet those who are of the household of Aristobulus. 11 Greet Herodion, my countryman. Greet those who are of the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord.

More people to greet because they were on Paul’s mind and of his heart in Christ.  Some were notable for their faith and labor in the Lord, some were believers in a household, and some were coworkers with Paul in the gospel.  But in this inspired letter, they all were worth calling out to greet and are an example to remind us to greet each other as well. There should be no cliques, no favoritism, no cold shoulders in the house of God; those who do these things bring shame on themselves and dishonor the Lord who bought them at such a price.

No comments:

Post a Comment