Sunday, December 10, 2017

Preaching: Suffering to Glory

Psalms 22:1, 31   
1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?  Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?  ... 31 they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn, that he has done it.

Today I will be preaching on Psalm 22.  This begins with King David’s utter suffering and despair with unanswered prayer, which  ends in praise when his anguished prayers are heard and he is delivered from his enemies at last.  How often we pray in the midst of troubles and have no answer in sight as we cry out morning and night, yet we trust God for who He is and all He has done for His people.  We are conflicted, yet trusting.  So we cling to Him and His promises.  This Psalm shows our distance from God is only taken away by Him, and not our efforts or deeds, so we also trust and pray as we obey...

No comments:

Post a Comment