Saturday, December 23, 2017

Hindered and Helped

Romans 15:22-24   
22 For this reason I also have been much hindered from coming to you. 23 But now no longer having a place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come to you, 24 whenever I journey to Spain, I shall come to you. For I hope to see you on my journey, and to be helped on my way there by you, if first I may enjoy your company for a while.

Paul desired greatly to visit and fellowship with the Roman believers, but the work of the gospel to those who never heard consumed him, and he was delayed.  When the work was done, then he wrote them of his plans to come and stop on his way to the next field of labor, Spain.  He asked for their help and company (fellowship) as he stopped there on the way.  So those about their master’s business today can follow this pattern, caring and communicating as they go where God directs for those who need to hear, even above personal desires and friendships.  This is how Paul poured himself out as a drink offering for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment