Thursday, December 21, 2017

Active Faith

Romans 15:14-16   
14 Now I myself am confident concerning you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another. 15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written more boldly to you on some points, as reminding you, because of the grace given to me by God, 16 that I might be a minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering of the Gentiles might be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

Paul commended these believers in Rome for their active faith seen in goodness as they encouraged and corrected each other.  Yet Paul still challenged them as he held nothing back, reminding of God’s grace in him to bring the gospel to the nations as His servant.  He reminded them God made them holy by His work and Spirit working in him and them.  We see here that serving God includes speaking matter of factly, openly addressing issues head on with love under God’s enabling grace and love.  This is how we must be as a church.

No comments:

Post a Comment