Tuesday, August 1, 2017

What Shall I Do, Lord?

Acts 22:10-13 
10 So I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.’ 11 And since I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus.  12 “Then a certain Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good testimony with all the Jews who dwelt there, 13 came to me; and he stood and said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight.’ And at that same hour I looked up at him.

What was Saul to do when blinded by the Lord of the universe as he was on his way to persecute more of God's people?  God told him to go to town and wait to be told.  He went.  Led by the hand, Saul came to Ananias and was told to see.  So Saul looked up and saw.  This shows how God gives sight to the spiritually blind, for none of us is able to see Him until He opens our eyes.  But when He does, we see clearly for the first time, and the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ is then seen all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment