Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Sincere Worship

Acts 24:10-13 
10 Then Paul, after the governor had nodded to him to speak, answered: “Inasmuch as I know that you have been for many years a judge of this nation, I do the more cheerfully answer for myself, 11 because you may ascertain that it is no more than twelve days since I went up to Jerusalem to worship. 12 And they neither found me in the temple disputing with anyone nor inciting the crowd, either in the synagogues or in the city. 13 Nor can they prove the things of which they now accuse me.

Paul finally gets to speak to Felix, and so begins by honoring the leader by respectfully acknowledging his time in office.  So he gladly begins to reply to the allegations, telling of his sincere worship in Jerusalem and his blameless behavior there.  Paul did not stir up a crowd or argue with those opposed to the gospel, not in public nor in the synagogue.  He points out the allegations are unfounded.  So he uses the truth in the legal system to be blameless and harmless as a dove while knowing the wolves and their strategies.  A good example for us in standing for the gospel in these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment