Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Minister and Witness

Acts 26:14-16 
14 And when we all had fallen to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’ 15 So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. 16 But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you.

Paul recounted how he fell to the ground as the bright light of Jesus Christ met him on the Damascus road, and the voice of the Lord asked why Paul was persecuting Him.  Then Paul was told to stand and follow for a life of purpose - to serve and witness to all Paul had seen and would be revealed to him by God's Spirit of revelation.  God called Saul out of darkness to be transformed into Paul the apostle, evangelist, and servant, by the light of His presence and image.  We see God's calling, our purpose, and His glory in Paul’s example to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment