Saturday, August 26, 2017

Ready to Answer

Acts 26:1-4 
1 Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You are permitted to speak for yourself.” So Paul stretched out his hand and answered for himself: 2 “I think myself happy, King Agrippa, because today I shall answer for myself before you concerning all the things of which I am accused by the Jews, 3 especially because you are expert in all customs and questions which have to do with the Jews. Therefore I beg you to hear me patiently.  4 “My manner of life from my youth, which was spent from the beginning among my own nation at Jerusalem, all the Jews know.

Paul spoke to the king with joy, giving an answer for the hope in him and to nullify the false accusations brought against him by those with an agenda.  He acknowledged that the king knew the Jewish customs, and so did not have to explain those to show his actions did not violate those as he was slandered to have done.  So Paul began with his past upbringing among his people to lay the foundation of his character and actions.  We also should live above reproach, suffering only as a Christian, and not for ourselves.  Then our testimony is clear and believable, honoring God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment