Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Good Conscience

Acts 24:14-16 
14 But this I confess to you, that according to the Way which they call a sect, so I worship the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the Law and in the Prophets. 15 I have hope in God, which they themselves also accept, that there will be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust. 16 This being so, I myself always strive to have a conscience without offense toward God and men.

Paul testified that the way of Jesus Christ was not different nor opposed to the Law and Prophets of Israel, but the fulfillment of all God said as it was written.  This hope was in God and so also by His word and work - including a resurrection, life after death.  So Paul sincerely worked to be blameless with a clear conscience before both God and others, fulfilling the commands to love God and others. This should be our hope in a life now and after death, and our sincere life lived toward God and all others.

No comments:

Post a Comment