Monday, August 28, 2017

I Saw The Light

Acts 26:9-13 
9 “Indeed, I myself thought I must do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 10 This I also did in Jerusalem, and many of the saints I shut up in prison, having received authority from the chief priests; and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them. 11 And I punished them often in every synagogue and compelled them to blaspheme; and being exceedingly enraged against them, I persecuted them even to foreign cities.   12 “While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and commission from the chief priests, 13 at midday, O king, along the road I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and those who journeyed with me.

Paul recounts his persecution of Christians by authority of the religious leaders, voting for their death sentences and beating them until they blasphemed.  He was so full of anger against Christ that he traveled far and wide to hunt them down.  Yet one day he saw the light… the light of heaven, Jesus, met him on the road to stop him…

No comments:

Post a Comment