Saturday, December 24, 2016

Speak Openly

John 18:20-23 
20 Jesus answered him, “I spoke openly to the world. I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing. 21 Why do you ask Me? Ask those who have heard Me what I said to them. Indeed they know what I said.” 22 And when He had said these things, one of the officers who stood by struck Jesus with the palm of his hand, saying, “Do You answer the high priest like that?” 23 Jesus answered him, “If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?”

Jesus spoke publicly of many things, yet was questioned what He said and taught by those set against the truth.  He did not say anything evil, yet was hit for his answer of truthfulness.  They did not want truth, but their religious views and control over the people, so they began to find a way to stop God's word from speaking further lest people tun and be set free.  Any system that does not hear His word and attacks those who do is against Christ, the word and Son.

No comments:

Post a Comment