Friday, December 16, 2016

None is Lost

John 17:12-13 
12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I come to You, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have My joy fulfilled in themselves.

Jesus keeps those who are His, but not those who were set aside not to be of God, like Judas.  He chooses and calls us from being lost to forever adopted as sons and daughters who cannot be cast out.  This is unmerited favor, grace.  This is a call we cannot initiate nor cancel.  So we also have joy in this good news as the disciples did here.  His word to us is all the authority and certainly we require, based on God's unchangeable and good character.

No comments:

Post a Comment