Thursday, December 22, 2016

Drink Deeply of the Cup

John 18:8-11 
8 Jesus answered, “I have told you that I am He. Therefore, if you seek Me, let these go their way,” 9 that the saying might be fulfilled which He spoke, “Of those whom You gave Me I have lost none.” 10 Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest's servant, and cut off his right ear. The servant's name was Malchus. 11 So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into the sheath. Shall I not drink the cup which My Father has given Me?”

God already planned that Jesus would die and those given to Him would live in Him.  We do not get lost again.  Nothing could stop what He planned and written of - not fighting, but drinking deeply and fully according to plan.  He is sovereign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment