Monday, December 5, 2016

Ruler of World is Judged

John 16:7-11   
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. 8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

Jesus left bodily so that God as Spirit could take over to help us by living in His whom He calls out.  He also, through us, convicts those around us of their sin which we all have against a holy God, their need of righteousness found only in Christ, and their certain judgment apart from Jesus Christ taking their place to justify those repenting with faith in Him - this victory has overcome Satan's destruction of us by disobedience in Eden, leading to his absolute judgement and sentence in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment