Thursday, December 15, 2016

Given to Christ

John 17:9-11   
9 “I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom You have given Me, for they are Yours. 10 And all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine, and I am glorified in them. 11 Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to You. Holy Father, keep through Your name those whom You have given Me, that they may be one as We are.

Jesus prayed for those who are God's, the ones chosen by the Father to bring God glory.  We are in this world that He came and ascended from, but the prayer is that we be kept by the Father for the Son (by His Spirit living in us as well).  We are called and chosen, the church, and are one with each other as the Son and Father are.  So He keeps us for His glory - we are never lost again...

No comments:

Post a Comment