Saturday, December 17, 2016

Sanctified by Word of Truth

John 17:14-19 
14 I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 15 I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one. 16 They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. 17 Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth. 18 As You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sakes I sanctify Myself, that they also may be sanctified by the truth.

We who belong to Christ are no longer part of this world - its ruler, system of morality and religion, or anything else opposed to God's law.  As Jesus was while in the flesh, so do we follow, and so do we need protection from the evil ruler in the unseen realm.  So we are made holy and set aside for our God by His word and will (seen by Jesus prayer here).  The truth sets us free and guides our every step, so knowing we are not loved for truth and being conformed to Christ should bring joy and nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment