Thursday, July 23, 2015

Everlasting Punishment or Life?

Matthew 25:32-35, 40, 45-46   
32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. ... 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; .. 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’ .. 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

God prepared a kingdom for we to be made righteous; we demonstrate that by our tangible love for others, and are assured of unending life in His presence.  Those who in word only do not show love for others do not have the chosen and prepared kingdom, and do not love as God loves us first.  Their forever is a life of unending punishment, not life with their Maker and Lord.  It is infinitely better to be a loving sheep than a selfish goat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment