Sunday, April 5, 2015

Rest for the Soul

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

When we cease working to know and please God in order to be saved, we find grace looking through mercy's eyes justifying us forever in Jesus Christ. The yoke of "slavery" to righteousness is nothing compared to the bondage of sin, death, and hell. Jesus not only paid our price to ransom us back, He also rose from the dead to defeat the eternal consequence of sin. What a light burden we carry compared to what He bore on the way to the cross and the painful death there - yet we count it all joy seeing the empty tomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment