Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Justice and Trust

Matthew 12:16-21
16 Yet He warned them not to make Him known, 17 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying: 18 “Behold! My Servant whom I have chosen, My Beloved in whom My soul is well pleased! I will put My Spirit upon Him, and He will declare justice to the Gentiles. 19 He will not quarrel nor cry out, nor will anyone hear His voice in the streets. ... 21 And in His name Gentiles will trust.”

Isaiah 42:7 To open blind eyes, to bring out prisoners from the prison, those who sit in darkness from the prison house.

Jesus came to bring justice through trust (faith) in Himself as the way to God. Yet He did not go about with banners and heralds declaring who He is or what He was doing - He instead humbly and directly spoke and worked the words and works of God in our midst. He was bringing trust in Him to the nations, to open our blind eyes and resume us from the prison of sin's dark trap and the sentence of execution due all by just wrath. He came to set us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment