Saturday, December 11, 2021

Walking in Liberty

Psalms 119:41-48
ו WAW

41 Let Your mercies come also to me, O LORD—
Your salvation according to Your word.

42 So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me,
For I trust in Your word.

43 And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth,
For I have hoped in Your ordinances.

44 So shall I keep Your law continually,
Forever and ever.

45 And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.

46 I will speak of Your testimonies also before kings,
And will not be ashamed.

47 And I will delight myself in Your commandments,
Which I love.

48 My hands also I will lift up to Your commandments,
Which I love,
And I will meditate on Your statutes.


This sixth section lettered as meaning a hook continues this psalm about God’s word and our desire for Him through loving it.  It hooks us with His love and mercy, His deliverance we call salvation.  Because we know and love the word of God, we have a true and complete answer for those opposing us and our God (1 Peter 3:15) from the scriptures which He breathed out for us to speak as His ambassadors.  We trust the words God set down for us, and so are equipped to answer the scoffers and those needing their ears and eyes opened by Him to know reconciling peace and atoning forgiveness for deliverance from the wrath to come on us all.  Like the psalmist, we also pray that our hope will not fail us in times when we need His word ready in our mind and on our lips.  Thankfully, we now have His Spirit ever-present in us to provide the words we have gleaned out of the written word in our hearing, reading, studying, and meditation of it (Luke 12:11-12, John 14:26).  Because of these things, we all strive to live according to His word, keeping in diligent and consistent practice what we love in our hearts and minds when reading or hearing from Him.  In keeping His word, we find freedom, the liberty which is found in the promises of grace of the predetermined calling and working in we the people of God in the promised Christ.  We may find ourselves speaking the good news before kings and rulers without any shame because of the hope in us as revealed in the scriptures (Matthew 10:18, Acts 16:1-2).  Since we have open hearts following our opened eyes and ears, we love His word and delight in living according to it before others and in His sight.  Our hands we raise in constant praise for that word of commands and promises, and we meditate daily on all these that we may offer ourselves as living sacrifices (Romans 12:1) to the glory, honor, and praise of God and His loving mercy to us.  It is for liberty from sin which we have been set free to walk in (Galatians 5:1) this grace according to His word and in following all we have been told.  The bondage to freedom has replaced the bondage to sin and the inability to keep His word completely to earn salvation by His grace.  Let us meditate on His word as often as possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment