Monday, November 30, 2015

Scattered and Tested

Mark 14:27 
27 Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: ‘I will strike the Shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.’
Zech. 13:9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, “This is My people’; and each one will say, ‘The Lord is my God.’ ”

Jesus told the disciples they would stumble because of knowing Him and run away, quoting from Zechariah.  But Zechariah went further to also say the ones coming back to the Lord would be His people, knowing and acknowledging He is God.  So we who are His stumble, yet are called out and confess He is our God in knowing our standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment