Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Spirit Descended and Remained

John 1:32-34   
32 And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. 33 I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”

God as Spirit is in whom we are immersed and cleansed - baptized.  John saw God's Spirit on the Son of God and man to also prove Jesus was both a man and God among us, Emmanuel.  This same Spirit is the one all Christians receive when made new, reborn, and without which we only have lifeless religion.  God himself comes to live within us, Christ the hope of glory!
Colossians 1:27 - To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment