Saturday, July 12, 2014

Word Burns Within as Fire of Truth


Jer 20:9-12  
9 Then I said, “I will not make mention of Him, Nor speak anymore in His name.” But His word was in my heart like a burning fire Shut up in my bones; I was weary of holding it back, And I could not.   11 But the Lord is with me as a mighty, awesome One. Therefore my persecutors will stumble, and will not prevail. They will be greatly ashamed, for they will not prosper. Their everlasting confusion will never be forgotten. 12 But, O Lord of hosts, You who test the righteous, And see the mind and heart, Let me see Your vengeance on them; For I have pleaded my cause before You.

When I am discouraged from speaking the truth in love, it is the flesh reacting to say nothing more; however, God's Spirit the moves me to continue.  He tests us to check where our mind and heart are at with Him.  He will shut the mouths of those who oppose His word, bringing them shame.  That is not my responsibility.  Bearing witness to the truth in love and not anger or vengeance is what we are called to.  Not the "coexist" sticker going around now, but the absolute truth with of "one way" for no compromise - and in love, not attack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment