Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Speak the Word of Fire as a Hammer Faithfully


Jeremiah 23:22, 28-29, 37  
22 But if they had stood in My counsel, And had caused My people to hear My words, Then they would have turned them from their evil way And from the evil of their doings.   28 “The prophet who has a dream, let him tell a dream; And he who has My word, let him speak My word faithfully. What is the chaff to the wheat?” says the Lord. 29 “Is not My word like a fire?” says the Lord, “And like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?   37 Thus you shall say to the prophet, ‘What has the Lord answered you?’ and, ‘What has the Lord spoken?’

If someone preaches or teaches God's word and does not align with what He really says (the Bible), then the hearers will not see them doing right and so will not do right either.  We must faithfully tell the things of God, cutting it straight with no concern for backlash; God handles the chaff and knows His wheat.  His word will break hard hearts and wills, and triumphs always.  So "what has God said?" and not "has God indeed said?" must be the guiding principle of His servants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment