Saturday, July 19, 2014

Repentance, Obedience, and Worship


Jeremiah 26:13-14  
13 Now therefore, amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the Lord your God; then the Lord will relent concerning the doom that He has pronounced against you.  14 As for me, here I am, in your hand; do with me as seems good and proper to you.

Revelation 19:10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.”

God calls men to repent, to turn from their ways against God, and toward Him instead.  He will then hear them as they trust in Christ's work done for us on the cross, believe, and be remade.  But many will fight the part of Jesus' gospel calling for repentance, sometimes even to violence as they fight against their conscience and conviction of God.   We must still tell the truth in love, for this testimony of Jesus is as the prophecy of old - God's work in Christ and the judgement for those rejecting Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment