Saturday, July 26, 2014

Nothing Too Hard to Change Us Forever


Jeremiah 32:17, 26-27, 38-39, 40   
17 “Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You."   26 Then the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah, saying, 27 “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?"   38 They shall be My people, and I will be their God; 39 then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them.  40 And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.

When Jeremiah knew God would allow Israel to be taken away for a while because of their sin, he expressed solid faith in God's absolute control.  Nothing is too difficult for God.  So he bought land in a land the enemy would own - but with a promise it would be his and God's people's again.  So we have hope that others will come back from the land of the enemy, that sin has separated us but we are being brought back to an unshakeable and eternal land with Him.   The new covenant in Christ's blood cannot be broken, He will not turn away from us, and we long to work out the salvation given with fear and trembling to please Him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment