Thursday, July 24, 2014

Hear, Trust, Tell, and Obey


Ezekiel 33:30-31 
30 “As for you, son of man, the children of your people are talking about you beside the walls and in the doors of the houses; and they speak to one another, everyone saying to his brother, ‘Please come and hear what the word is that comes from the Lord.’ 31 So they come to you as people do, they sit before you as My people, and they hear your words, but they do not do them; for with their mouth they show much love, but their hearts pursue their own gain.

Jeremiah 31:25-26.   25 For I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.” 26 After this I awoke and looked around, and my sleep was sweet to me.

Do you want peace and rest in your soul?  Would you like to awaken with a good night's sleep?  Then hear God's word anxiously, searching it out diligently - but be certain it is so you find ways to live pleasing to God, not just to gather facts or prove you understand.  To obey out of love means finding FAITH coming from God's word; faith that works it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment