Friday, April 4, 2014

The Living Praise God for Deliverance


Isaiah 38:17-19
Indeed it was for my own peace That I had great bitterness; But You have lovingly delivered my soul from the pit of corruption, For You have cast all my sins behind Your back.  18 For Sheol cannot thank You, Death cannot praise You; Those who go down to the pit cannot hope for Your truth. 19 The living, the living man, he shall praise You, As I do this day; The father shall make known Your truth to the children.

God delivers from sin and its due reward of death, taking away sin and putting it behind us - not because we are doing enough good, but only because He is good, merciful, and gracious.  So should those bought back by Jesus Christ tell God and others how thankful we are and how great He is!  Because we have life in the God who is not dead but is life itself, so we need to pass this on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment