Tuesday, April 29, 2014

One True God - First and Last, No Other


Isaiah 44:6, 8, 18, 22  
6 Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel, And his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; Besides Me there is no God.  8 Do not fear, nor be afraid; Have I not told you from that time, and declared it?  You are My witnesses.  Is there a God besides Me?  Indeed there is no other Rock; I know not one.’”  18 They do not know nor understand; For He has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, And their hearts, so that they cannot understand.  22 I have blotted out, like a thick cloud, your transgressions, And like a cloud, your sins.  Return to Me, for I have redeemed you.”

Because there is only one true God, The Lord and Redeemer, we would be foolish to not let Him open our blind eyes and our cold hearts to His love for us in Christ.  He took away our sins so completely so we can turn to Him forever.  This is knowing and understanding of the heart, mind, and soul.  He was the first and is the last; He also was the first to rise from death and has the last word as the one who will judge the living and the dead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment