Wednesday, October 5, 2016

The Light of Life

John 8:12-14 
12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” 13 The Pharisees therefore said to Him, “You bear witness of Yourself; Your witness is not true.” 14 Jesus answered and said to them, “Even if I bear witness of Myself, My witness is true, for I know where I came from and where I am going; but you do not know where I come from and where I am going.

Light from Jesus allows us to walk and see where we are going.  Without Him we stumble around in the darkness as we try to find the door; but Jesus said He alone is the door, so the light from it draws us to and through Him into that marvelous light. He told us so, and we know it is true because He came from heaven and returned there from the grave.  So he knows and has told us He is that true light that comes int the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment