Friday, October 21, 2016

His Sheep Hear His Call

John 10:13-16 
13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

Jesus knows us and so we know Him; we don't know those who claim to know another way to God, because we do not belong to them in the first place. He also laid down His life for us, whereas false leaders expect us to die for them instead. So He brought Jew and Gentile together by His suffering, death, burial, and resurrection.  We can trust Him because we know Him and what He has done. This is not true for any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment