Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sheep Hear and Follow Forever

John 10:26-29 
26 But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. 28 And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

Why do some refuse to believe Jesus?  To put it simply, they are not His sheep, so they cannot hear His call over others. This Shepherd gives life unending with assurance of its certainty and absolute security - nobody can take His away from Him (including ourselves). God gives to His Son, and we are held secure by the promise and faithful character of God Himself.  This is the true God and eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment