Saturday, September 27, 2014

The Throne Where God Dwells


Ezekiel 43:7, 12  
7 And He said to me, "Son of man, this is the place of My throne and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel forever. No more shall the house of Israel defile My holy name, they nor their kings, by their harlotry or with the carcasses of their kings on their high places.   12 This is the law of the temple: The whole area surrounding the mountaintop is most holy. Behold, this is the law of the temple." 

God's temple for us now is our bodies; just as the building is where He put His throne to rule from and demanded that the temple is not defiled by sin, so we are to even more protect the holiness of our temples.  As it is written here, the whole area around the temple is to be holy, set aside to be used only as God says and so for His honor and glory.  And so our lives must be kept clean with what we surround ourselves with.  1 Peter 1:16 "because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment