Friday, September 19, 2014

New Heart, New Spirit, New Birth


Ezekiel 36:23, 26-27, 31  
23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord,” says the Lord God, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes.  26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.  31 Then you will remember your evil ways and your deeds that were not good; and you will loathe yourselves in your own sight, for your iniquities and your abominations.

God saves us for His name, His glory, above all - then for our good.  When someone says otherwise on this order, they are opposed to Him who gives a new heart and His own Spirit to those who are reborn as His children.  By His presence in us we can obey, pleasing and glorifying the One who reminds us of where we came from and where we are called to go.  If we are His truly and not by religious acts, then our resume from sin will make us willing slaves of righteousness.   By this new birth we have a new heart and a new spirit, with the Law written on our hearts and His Spirit in us to enable us to understand and obey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment