Saturday, September 13, 2014

34th Second Birthday in the Light!


Acts 26:18 
to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’

As Wesley penned so long ago, on this day in 1980 in a Christian Servicemen's Center just off the San Antonio Riverwalk, God's good news of Christ's atoning death for me leapt from Scripture through my mind and into my heart!  The light of knowing God's glory in Jesus gazing at me from eternity flooded my soul as I was instantly reborn, and His word filled my understanding and moved my heart and soul to follow for 34 years now.  I press toward that goal as Paul wrote.

Long my imprisoned spirit lay,
Fast bound in sin and nature’s night;
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray—
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light;
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

2 Corinthians 4:6   For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

1 Peter 1:23-25   23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, ... Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment