Thursday, May 8, 2014

Message from the Beginning


Isaiah 48:3-7 
“I have declared the former things from the beginning; They went forth from My mouth, and I caused them to hear it.  Suddenly I did them, and they came to pass.  5 Even from the beginning I have declared it to you; Before it came to pass I proclaimed it to you, Lest you should say, ‘My idol has done them, And my carved image and my molded image Have commanded them.'  6 “You have heard; See all this.  And will you not declare it?  I have made you hear new things from this time, Even hidden things, and you did not know them.  7 They are created now and not from the beginning; And before this day you have not heard them, Lest you should say, ‘Of course I knew them.’

God revealed over and over what He was going to do, often such new unseen things to show there is no way anyone could say they knew that would happen.  All this is to show us who doubt just how much God knows and can do.  If we do not give Him the due credit (praise, glory), then we miss the mark.  Our idols of atheism, self reliance and pride of life (our knowledge, intelligence) all fall short of His works and control over the universe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment