Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Face as a Flint, Absolute Trust in God


Isaiah 50:7-9  
“For the Lord God will help Me; Therefore I will not be disgraced; Therefore I have set My face like a flint, And I know that I will not be ashamed.  8 He is near who justifies Me; Who will contend with Me?  Let us stand together.  Who is My adversary?  Let him come near Me.  9 Surely the Lord God will help Me; Who is he who will condemn Me?  Indeed they will all grow old like a garment; The moth will eat them up.

God in Jesus Christ has completely justified me, no matter who argues against me or tries to condemn me.  They literally can die trying to attack me, as Christ's work on my behalf is finished forever on the cross and up from the grave!  So I rely fully on His help and will not be ashamed nor disgraced as a son of the most high one.  My face is set in determined security as a flint, absolutely trusting in God and His work for me in Christ on the cross! 

No comments:

Post a Comment