Saturday, November 26, 2016

That the World Knows

John 14:28-31 
28 You have heard Me say to you, ‘I am going away and coming back to you.’ If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, ‘I am going to the Father,’ for My Father is greater than I. 29 “And now I have told you before it comes, that when it does come to pass, you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me. 31 But that the world may know that I love the Father, and as the Father gave Me commandment, so I do. Arise, let us go from here.

Jesus went to His Father and returned after dying. We should all rejoice in this, for it is what we believe (the gospel), and we need reminding as the adversary stalks us a a lion without hope and without Christ.  Jesus did His Father's will so we could follow from death to life so we can arise and go from here in this grace by faith in which we stand. And He is coming back for us again...

No comments:

Post a Comment