Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Greater Works of the Gospel

John 14:12-14 
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. 13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.

We do "greater works" to reach a greater part of the world with the gospel by Spirit's work (Ac.1:8), not works that are more miraculous or that have greater authority than Jesus's.  So if we ask aligned with His will to accomplish His work (not indulging our own wants) of the gospel, we as the church will collectively reach more than Jesus within Israel at that time.  He is the one who gets the attention of glory, that is what "in My name" means.  We do not use prayer selfishly nor self-willed to get what we want by affixing "in Jesus name" to our demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment