Saturday, November 5, 2016

Honored to Serve

John 12:24-26 
24 Most assuredly I tell you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains by itself alone. But if it dies, it bears much fruit. 25 He who loves his life will lose it. He who hates his life in this world will keep it to eternal life. 26 If anyone serves me, let him follow me. Where I am, there will my servant also be. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

We must all die to live. The old has gone and the new has come when we are reborn by faith in the Son of God alone. Only then can we bear true fruit of righteousness to Him, and that means giving up the hold on our life to live towards eternity. So serving Christ we honor and glorify the God who made and sustains us, and so are honored by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment