Thursday, August 14, 2014

Infallible Compassion and Hope


Lamentations 3:18-24   
18 And I said, “My strength and my hope Have perished from the Lord.”  21 This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope.  22 Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not.  23 They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.  24 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!”

When all seems to go wrong and God appears to be doing nothing to relieve the attacks and suffering, then we need to remember His faithfulness in His promises for good and not for evil.  His infinite mercy in Jesus Christ keep us - God is compassionate.  Every day begins with His merciful compassion - this is why we must start each day in His word, to remember these things and find our portion, our inheritance which is in Him alone.  This time with Him brings out the hope that is already given to us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment