Thursday, August 21, 2014

Eat and Speak His Word


Ezekiel 2:2, 7, 3:1  
2 Then the Spirit entered me when He spoke to me, and set me on my feet; and I heard Him who spoke to me.  7 You shall speak My words to them, whether they hear or whether they refuse, for they are rebellious.   3:1 Moreover He said to me, “Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.”

God gives His Spirit to all who are His now, not just to certain prophets like Ezekiel as in the past.  So when we are told to stand up and speak the good news from what we find in the Bible, the issue of whether or not they will listen is not our responsibility.  They will listen if called, rebel if opposed, or consider for the future as a seed is planted.  As for us, we must daily eat of His word to be ready to clearly give that message of hope so as many as are appointed to eternal life may believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment