Friday, August 22, 2014

Hear With the Ears of the Heart


Ezekiel 3:10-12 
10 Moreover He said to me: “Son of man, receive into your heart all My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears. 11 And go, get to the captives, to the children of your people, and speak to them and tell them, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ whether they hear, or whether they refuse.”  12 Then the Spirit lifted me up, and I heard behind me a great thunderous voice: “Blessed is the glory of the Lord from His place!”

Do I really listen to all things God says in His word, or just what I think is "most" important?  I must be ready to speak the truth of the gospel, in love, even when many will not hear what He says.  But to listen and obey brings awareness of His presence and glory; may I bring Him glory as it must be, thundering greater than a thundercloud pouring down overhead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment