Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Facing God to Listen


Ezekiel 1:26 - 2:1   
26 And above the firmament over their heads was the likeness of a throne, in appearance like a sapphire stone; on the likeness of the throne was a likeness with the appearance of a man high above it. 27 Also from the appearance of His waist and upward I saw, as it were, the color of amber with the appearance of fire all around within it; and from the appearance of His waist and downward I saw, as it were, the appearance of fire with brightness all around.  28 Like the appearance of a rainbow in a cloud on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the brightness all around it. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the Lord. So when I saw it, I fell on my face, and I heard a voice of One speaking.   2: 1 And He said to me, “Son of man, stand on your feet, and I will speak to you.”

Ezekiel was shown a reflection or vision from God where the Son of Man and God came in a wheeled living transport that showed the glory of God, much like John was revealed in Revelation chapter 1.  The fearfully awesome ones moving like lightning amidst the fiery chariot had a throne with the One showing God's glory.  And this was so Ezekiel would hear the words and take them to heart - to bring God's message to His people.  Now Christ has come as a man and we have the revelations in the Bible, finished and sealed.  This is the message we bring to others now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment