Sunday, September 29, 2013

Wisdom and Understanding


Proverbs 8:1, 6-8, 13, 20 
1 Does not wisdom cry out, And understanding lift up her voice?    6 Listen, for I will speak of excellent things, And from the opening of my lips will come right things; 7 For my mouth will speak truth; Wickedness is an abomination to my lips.   8 All the words of my mouth are with righteousness; Nothing crooked or perverse is in them.   13 The fear of the Lord is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate.   20 I traverse the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice,

Wisdom and understanding must include the best things, right and true, just and fair, righteous truth, not wicked or evil or prideful or arrogant.  This is how we need to be to please God who made each of us in His image.  How we all fail in this broken world with each of us sinfully apart from Christ!  So my goal is to be wise in speaking the excellent things, not those of the flesh, but of wisdom and understanding from God-Who-Lives-In-me.

Philippians 1:9-11  And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, 10 that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment