Friday, September 13, 2013

Born Again in Light of His Word


2 Corinthians 4:6   
For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

- Acts 26:18   to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me. ’

- John 3:7-8   Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘ You must be born again. ’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

- 1 Peter 1:23   having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

Just 33 years ago today I walked into light as my chains fell off into the darkness!  I was led through the years to the point of this slow but certain light, until I heard His words put together to reconcile my sinful state with my loving creator and Lord.  I agreed I offended God with my sin, turned from it to Him, believed Jesus died to pay my sin's due wages, and was reborn from above as God took up residence within me.  He has been there ever since, and will never leave.  This birthday is forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment