Saturday, October 28, 2017

Sold Under Sin...

Romans 7:13-16   
13 Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.

So the law of God’s commands was good, yet seemed to be death to us.  It really was just showing the dead state we are born in, unable to obey all God said without ever failing - meeting His standards.  So the sin was exposed for the utter rebellion against God that it is, the exceedingly sinful heart set against Him.  So also this flesh is opposed to the spiritual truth of that law that was His will for us to be aligned to, and we are sold as slaves to sin, doing as we will.  Even now we still sin, wondering why, unable to obey willingly and consistently.  Doing these things we hate, we prove that what God demands is good.  But we need help outside our broken will to be able to do good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment