Monday, October 30, 2017

Deliver the Wretch!

Romans 7:24 - 8:2   
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.   1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Swallowed up and captive in sin from birth, deliverance is only found in the Lord who is Jesus Christ.  God alone can deliver me from His own wrath, and that He has done!  So the war within against still indwelling sin continues, but now victoriously.  He who justified me no longer condemns because I have been freed from that law that said sin and you must die.  So I live, walking in step with God living in me as Spirit, free and able to defeat the sinful desires lingering in my yet to be glorified body.  Hope is in Christ’s victory for and in me.  Selah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment