Sunday, October 29, 2017

Rule of Flesh Vs. God

Romans 7:17-23   
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.   21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Now we who are Christ’s find the battle of sin against the new man inside can win over the God-given desires to do good according to His Law now written on our heart.  How to do this of ourselves is unobtainable in the long run; we may exert willpower for a season, but eventually we fail.  So the inward battle against sin strives to urge me to continue in the things we have been set free from.  This battle attacks the mind to misuse the body, from tongue to toe.  This is the main spiritual war we fight next to the battle for the truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment